Thursday, January 7, 2010

 


One of my last adventures on our trip was to experience snowshoeing. After Michael's enjoyment of his trip, I felt I needed to experience it as well. Thankfully we found a wonderful aunt to watch the kids for us (I still owe you Lori) and headed up to Big Cottonwood Canyon one last time. Michael, Matt, Adam and I were excited about all the fresh snow (it kept on coming down the whole trek!). It was a great workout! We also saw a total of 8 moose as we went up towards the lake. We had a goal of making it to a lake that was not too far up the mountain, but it started to get too dark and we had to turn around. We still had fun though! Matt and Adam were good sports about slowing their pace so Michael and I could keep up! The air up there was brutal! The cold and altitude got to me on our way back down. I could not stop coughing. We had fun though and Michael and I left wishing we could enjoy this sport in Texas. Oh well. They probably don't even sell snowshoes here!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: