Thursday, January 7, 2010

 



We had several opportunities to play in the snow. The biggest was when we took the kids up into the mountains to sled. The guys (Dan, Matt and Michael) took off on a snowshoeing adventure up to Donut Falls. Anna and I braved it with five kids on a good sledding hill. I thought Keldon would be hesitant since the hill we were on was rather large. He never even paused! He is so brave. He ran up and sledded down for about two hours. Katie figured out that the white stuff we were walking on tasted good! She frequently bent down to lick the snow. Her and I braved the slopes a few times. She LOVED it as well. She cried when it looked like we were not going back up. I had to carry her and the sled each time. So, that quickly got difficult. Michael loved snowshoeing and said he would definately do it again. I will have to post some pictures of that when I get them from my brother (hint, hint). He had a great day and stopped for the best hot chocolate on our way down the mountain.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Julie said...

These pictures are awesome! Thanks so much for taking the time to share all of your trip. I have been wondering how it went, and now I know! We actually got snow for Christmas in Southlake, too! It was so much fun for all of us. Glad you had fun and spiritual experiences wrapped in one--that's what makes life so wonderful.

grandma karen said...

You look like the trip was a lot of fun plus a great spiritual experience. Keldon and Katie are adorable in thier snow outfits. You and Michael needed a good vacation. What a handsome family.

Unknown said...

Michelle,
I loved seeing the photos and the smiles on all your faces. You all look so very happy together in the beauty of the snow.